The basic task of EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer at Point of Sale) terminals, as devices installed at points of sale, is accepting card payment transactions. However, for a long time now they have been used for other purposes and turned to be multipurpose tools for different functions (becoming the Point of Service), thanks to which financial organizations may profit from offering many services in one terminal.
At present, it is even easier thanks to multiapplication terminals offered by VeriFone, where resources of terminal are shared by different applications, supported mostly by operating system. The operating system ensures, among other things, security of data of different applications, exchange of data between applications, distribution of terminal resources etc.
At many point of sales there is a demand for Unattended Payment Terminals ( UPT ) designed for unattended self-services environment. PROCARD offers VeriFone Unattended Payment Terminals together with payment and other applications.
Security of conducted transactions, including Key Management System, which covers all stages of cryptographic keys and mechanisms of their diversification and application, is the essential element in the majority of terminal applications.
PROCARD offers software - terminal applications - for a vast range of functions, including the following:
- Payment applications for credit cards
- Applications for Loyalty Programmes handling (including loyalty cards)
- Applications for Fleet Payment Programmes handling
- Applications for fuel card payment handling (e.g. UTA, DKV)
- Applications for pre-paid sale handling (eVoucher and Top-up type)
- Applications for bill payment acceptance
- Applications for ePurse handling
- Applications for private label cards handling
The significant functional element of terminal is its ability to communicate with retail system. PROCARD has implemented solutions, which integrate cash register with payment terminal at point of sale.
Description of the offered applications may be found in successive positions.