Hybrid and dual smart cards
Gemalto’s hybrid cards are equipped with two independent systems; one of them uses a contact interface and the other - contactless one. Hybrid cards are then a combination of contact smard cards (IDCore, IDClassic, IDPrime) with selected contactless module.
Available contact chips of contact smart cards used as contact module in hybrid cards:
- IDCore 10,
- IDCore 30,
- IDCore 40,
- IDClassic 340,
- IDPrime .NET 510,
- IDPrime .NET 5500.
Available contactless modules used as contactless units in hybrid cards:
- Mifare 1K,
- Mifare 4K,
- DESFIRE 4K,
- HID Smart ISO Prox,
- HID Smart DUO Prox,
- HID iClass 16K with 2 appli areas,
- HID Prox + iClass 16K with 2 appli areas.
Extensive range of contact and contactless interfaces allows us to build an optimal multiaplication card for specified application.
Hybrid cards are designed for a vast range of applications, such as identification, security and access control, health protection, banking.
IDCore Dual Cards [TOP DM/DL GX4 - GemCombiXpresso R4*]
* previous product name
Dual card was introduced in 2005 and combine benefits of the latest standards release and dual interface that provides operation of the card either through a contact interface or a contactless one. Dual card is also available from Gemalto as an open multiapplication card. It particularly aims at addressing markets such as identity, security/access or healthcare. It is a Public Key Java Card designed to meet the most advanced security requirements of long term multiapplication programs such as the ones launched by government & large corporations.
Gemalto IDCore dula cards are compliant with the latest international standards:
- Java Card 2.2.2,
- Open Platform 2.1.1 (amendment A),
- ISO 7816 part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 i 9 for contact interface,
- ISO 14443 part 1, 2, 3 i 4 for contactless interface (type A).
Pre-loaded applets in ROM*:
- Classic V3 applet
- MPCOS applet,
- ICAO applet.
Applets are not factory-profiled.
ICore cards enable loading of third companies applets.
Dual cards IDCore are available in two versions:
- IDCore 3010 - memory EEPROM 80 kB**, CC EAL5+ / PP Javacard,
- IDCore 3020 - memory EEPROM 128 kB**, FIPS140-2 Level 3 ICP Brazil.
* ROMed applet means Applet Package is preloaded in ROM thus not using EEPROM memory. At time of Manufacturing, depending on customer choice, ROMed applet packages may be available or deleted. This has no impact on EEPROM capacity.
** Inditacitve value. Effective available memory size depends on product configuration.